The Department of psychology of Qilu Hospital of Shandong University is a comprehensive department integrating medical treatment, teaching and scientific research. It is equipped with widely used psychological testing software, which can provide psychological diagnosis and psychological evaluation functions such as normal and abnormal personality test, children's behavior and rearing style test, life events, marital quality, coping style, emotional state, etc.We are mainly engaged in the diagnosis and treatment of outpatients and inpatients in the hospital, as well as providing mental health services to the social population. The scale of the discipline is expanding, which has formed an important influence both inside and outside the province.
1. Psychological consultation and treatment
The scope of application of psychological counseling and treatment is as follows:
1) In normal people, they sometimes have temporary bad mood, social difficulties and stressors, which affect their mental and physical health;
2) Diagnosis and treatment of patients with neurosis such as anxiety, fear, depression, obsessive-compulsive disorder, etc;
3) Counseling and treatment of patients with sexual psychological disorders and sexual dysfunction;
4) There is an urgent need to consult and answer questions about the confusion and distress reflected in schooling, employment, love, marriage, family and eugenics;
5) It is required to introduce the mental health knowledge of different age stages, such as infant, adolescent, menopause and old age, and the mental health knowledge about sleep, learning, memory and mental work.
2. Sleep disorders
Sleep disorders are non-organic sleep and wakefulness disorders caused by various psychosocial factors. Including insomnia, narcolepsy and some paroxysmal sleep disorders (such as sleepwalking, night terrors, nightmares, etc.).
3. Psychosomatic disorders
At present, there are some misunderstandings in China's understanding of psychosomatic medicine. It is generally believed that physical illness and psychological factors are separate. In fact, psychological factors and physical diseases are causally interrelated. Research data shows that about 1/3 of patients in general hospitals have psychosomatic diseases. For example, anxiety disorders may have various physical symptoms. Patients frequently visit many departments, but cannot find a clear medical diagnosis to explain their symptoms.
4. Mental health of children and adolescents
Due to the limitation of children's psychological development level, they can't express their emotions and moods accurately. More often, they express their unhappiness in inappropriate ways. Therefore, the diagnosis and treatment of childhood psychological problems has a special status in the psychology department. The main clinical manifestations of emotional disorders in children are anxiety, terror, compulsion and depression. These symptoms affect the normal social function or have some physiological reactions.